Well, I finished the last of the client bank recs this weekend (one set of 4 months' worth of statements with tons of write-ins, etc. took nearly 2 hours!) and I ended up with another 5 hours of overtime, so that puts me at about 45 for the month. Last night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in my recliner while trying to watch Night at the Museum ... I know, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. So I went to bed at ... don't laugh ... 8:45 ... and I got up at 8:30 this a.m. I felt *much* better! I'm still tired and fixin' to call it a night, but I thought an updat was in order.
My friend, Cindy, may already have another job lined up for later on in the year ... her former boss asked a former co-worker if she might be interested in coming back to her old company, and a photo editor is leaving in December, so if nothing else turns up, that could be a great thing. My feeling is that God put her in the most recent situation to prepare her for going back to a much more interesting position. I could be wrong, but that's how I look at it.
We had a great visit over Starbucks ... I love the one inside Barnes & Noble ... drinking coffee ... surrounded by books ... visiting with Cindy and Mo ... it doesn't get much better than that! I'm so blessed to have a friend like Cindy and certainly don't deserve her! I'm happy to have a few great friends ... that makes me truly rich indeed!
My dad's doing great! He went back to the vitreoretinal specialist ... who did exactly as I feared and removed all the vitreous from Dad's eyeball and replaced it with a silicon oil (I can only shudder to think if I'd let this guy do the surgery on me ... he wanted to do the exact same thing) ... Dad doesn't have any clear sight, but he can currently see (carefully) some shapes and basic outlines if it's well lit. (If I'd had this doctor do my surgery, being an administrative assistant would've been *much* harder than it is now!) The surgeon was amazed and we believe that, as his eye heals, Dad's sight may actully improve some, as mine has (I *really* need to get back in to the eye doctor and get a new lens for my left eye! It's improved so much that it's a real pain to try to focus on small things ... and then the headache starts, etc. ... but enough about me ... for now <grin>) The surgeon said that one must never discount the power of prayer, and Dad had a *lot* of people praying for him. He's a much beloved guy in their church, in his radio group, with just about everyone who knows him. I think he's on God's good list, too, as He's blessed Dad many times over. We've never been a rich family, but we're very rich in love.
When I went over to take Dad my eye patch yesterday afternoon, Mom was upstairs with a monster headache. She'd taken 1.5 Vicodin, but it wasn't having any effect on her headache. So I said, "Mom, give me your head," and proceeded to give her a good scalp massage ... she said it lessened the tension some and helped a lot. She said she's really good in crises and the occasional emergency situation, but then she often gets the headache like that. My guess is it's her body's way of letting all of the tension finally catch up with her. I'm glad I could help some ... she *loves* my massages. :)
So now ... on to ... what?
- Hoping Fred Thompson throws his hat into the ring soon.
- Waiting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to hit the shelves (waiting in line to get it at midnight).
- Waiting for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to show up at the movies (waiting in line to see it at midnight ... and taking the following day off as my "After Tax Season" holiday...day)
- Filling out passport forms to try to get them in time for a trip to Victoria in September (*got* to find someone who is willing to housesit with 2 Schipperkes)
- Another quarterlies review month between now and then ... I don't *even* want to think about that ... *shame* on me! :(
- Beading day with the boss this coming Saturday ... she talked us into going to the gem faire in March, where I bought several strings of pearls, lapis lazuli, garnet, crystal, etc. ... I'm going to have to make lots of jewelry for Christmas gifts.
- A full-body massage *very* soon .... *got* to get that scheduled as soon as I think Hope can handle the front desk, seeing as how Geri's last week is this coming week.
- Last episodes of the season of Heroes, Jericho and Veronica Mars (I sure hope the last 2 come back for additional seasons, but so far I've only heard confirmation that Heroes has a second season ordered).
- Checking up on my favorite blogs ... Max Redline, Boy Named Sous (love that he has the cartoon at the top!), Michelle Malkin, Resistance is Futile (get blogging, Gully!), Born Again Redneck, Confederate Yankee, Red Hunter ... too many to enumerate, and too many to check *every* night, except for these ... although I've recently discovered The Write Idea Online, too (welcome to COBRA!).
I sure do wish I were independently wealthy and I could just sit in my PJs and read and write ... heck I might even finish that novel I have sitting in a box somewhere.
I really need to get a life.
Talk to you soon ~ HMIL